x

#{title}

#{text}

Music News

Rolling Stone is for sale

Rolling Stone is for sale
Does everyone with even a passing interest in media know about Rolling Stone, a magazine that has been at the heart of cultural changes for several decades? Probably, but now it’s up for sale.
 
Okay, slight clarification, 49% of the magazine was sold last year, but now the ‘controlling’ part of the business, the other 51% is up for sale. Jan Wenner founded the mag in 1967 and Wenner Media has that larger part, explained that “I love my job, I enjoy it, I’ve enjoyed it for a long time,” but selling now is “just the smart thing to do.”
 
Jan’s son Gus is high up, and he told the New York Times “There’s a level of ambition that we can’t achieve alone… So we are being proactive and want to get ahead of the curve. Publishing is a completely different industry than what it was. The trends go in one direction, and we are very aware of that.”
 
So, if you have a few million spare and want to feel important...

Previous Story

Linkin Park promise announcements this week

In the aftermath of the tragic suicide of singer Chester Bennington, there was a question fans guiltily asked themselves: what...

Next Story

Linkin Park announce tribute concert and...

Well that didn’t take long: having promised announcements, Linkin Park are making them. Firstly, the band will perform at...

Comments